Monday, August 14, 2006

future retro home

Now that it looks as if Jaime may actually be allowed in the USofA, sometime at the beginning of next year most likely, I feel that I can finally think a bit about our future here. So today my mom and I went to check out the 1960's apartment building they own in South Wichita near my alma mater, East High School. Despite my mother telling me not to expect much, I was pleasantly surprised with the place. We were shown two different 2-bedroom apartments, and I have photos of the first one, my favorite, to share with you all.

The most important room to me in most places where I live is the kitchen. I love cooking and need ample space for chopping and storing things. This kitchen does the trick. I opened and found out that the cabinets had already been baby-proofed, plus it has these totally nifty avocado green appliances! Too cool.



I didn't take another kitchen photo, but there's also an avocado green dishwasher and refrigerator to match! What style! I can't wait to move in my retro chrome kitchen table with matching bright red plastic chairs that I inherited from my Grandma Neufeldt.

Below is a photo of the living room. Oliver is pictured to give you an idea of the size of the place. He was having a lovely crawl on the wall to wall shag carpet, that had just been cleaned so we were told. That's me holding a chai tea off to the side. The nice big window is a sliding door to the balcony that overlooks a lovely church next door.


And last but not least, here's a photo of one of the two bedrooms, with lots of closet space (I didn't catch the other closet in the photo... Linda, the woman showing us the place was in a bit of a hurry).
So that's our possible future home. Next year I hope to have the Bethel shin-dig at my very own place with husbands/partners and kids included!! There's even a pool outside, although smaller than the one at my folks' place.

2 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 7:18 AM, Blogger Suze said...

when do you plan to move to wichita, assuming all goes smoothly with your husband's paperwork? maybe we can catch you on our next trip to ks!

 
At 8/17/2006 1:40 PM, Blogger mamacita said...

It won't be until 2007. Hopefully at the beginning of the year, but you never can be sure when your dealing with a government agency.

By the time our paths finally cross, our little tots will really have some fun together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home