Friday, August 11, 2006

time to meditate

At the beginning of the week, Jaime called to tell me that his uncle is coming to Cabo on the 17th. I had already talked with him about coming home early after coming down from the high of a weekend reunion with close college friends, so when he told me the news of his uncle's visit, it was an easy decision to return early. And luckily, there was no extra charge to change my ticket since I have a reward ticket. So next week Wednesday I will finally be returning to my dear far away hubbie. Yipee!

Since then life has been a bit more hectic. Because I'm coming back sooner than expected Jaime and Paco, his partner in photography, have decided that now is the time to order all the photography equipment under the sun for me to pack into my already over-packed suitcase. Well, I am exaggerating a bit, but it's quite a lot of stuff. Besides checking out online for all their merchandise, I've been making lots of immigration calls and doing some fun immigration paperwork too. But amidst all the hubbub, I found a great book on meditation that my sister Liz left behind. I've only barely started reading it, and haven't even begun meditating yet but am very inspired. Maybe this time I really will meditate. I have always wanted to make meditation a part of my life and this book so far is doing a wonderful job of inspiring me to get down to it.

He recommends to start by meditating on this prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi. It's a beautiful prayer and one that has universal appeal despite one's spiritual leanings. It moved me. Well, I will leave you all with that.

peace and love,
mamacita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home