Friday, July 21, 2006

Some Oliver highlights...

I was just thinking over our Kansas stay so far and here are a few Oliver highlights:

  • An emotionally intelligent little boy--The second Sunday we were here, we went to my parents' church. When we left Oliver at the nursery before the church service, a few of the toddler age kids were crying what were obviously tears of "I want my mommy." As I left, Oliver whimpered a bit and I asked him "Now you're not going to cry too, are you?" Well, as it turns out, when we got back the nursery crew told us that Oliver was a "sympathy crier." He cried for a bit until the other kids stopped crying and then was perfectly happy playing with the nursery toys.
  • Mexicano at heart--A couple of days ago when my older sister was here visiting, we went to lunch at Chelsea and found out that Oliver was a true Mexican at heart. When he grabbed for a lime on the table he started stuck it in his mouth, made some funny faces and then kept on sucking! A true Mexicano. Yesterday, by the way, he enjoyed a very Mexicano meal...Avocado and frijoles.
  • Avocado pacifier--Tonight was a gorgeous Kansas night, just 78 degrees after a scorching record high yesterday of 108--the kind of night to celebrate by eating outside. So my folks, Oliver and I rode over to Il Vicino's in my dad's zippy new convertible without a carseat. (Don't turn me in please! It was only for a few blocks.) It was Oliver's first ride in a Porsche! Outside on Il Vicino's patio while enjoying wood fired-pizzas, a couple at the next table leaned over to ask me what sort of pacifier Oliver was using. "Well, an avocado pacifier, of course!" No, that' s not really what I told them. But maybe it would have been funny. What I actually told them was the truth about his self-feeder that was loaded with yummy avocado keeping Oliver satisfied and busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home