Saturday, June 24, 2006

If I could just click my heels and be home

It's only a few days till Oliver and I head off for Kansas. Now as the heat is finally kicking in here in Cabo, I'm counting the days till we'll be frolicking in my parent's pool and comfortably enjoying hanging out inside with the central AC. It was just yesterday that it really got hot, and my mood is already getting sour. And this is nothing. Cabo is absolutely miserable in September...right when we're supposed to return. Ugh. Jaime and I were just talking about getting us all tickets to Guadalajara to visit his family in September since everything is pretty much dead around here for the whole month. It would be a wonderful respite from the Cabo heat, and an awesome opportunity for Oliver to hang out with his abuelos and other family in Guadalajara. If we can make it, his sister Elena invited us to stay with her at her house in Queretaro too. Visiting Queretaro would be awesome since I've never been there, and mostly it would be great for Oliver to hang out with Isaac, his two year old cousin!

As departure day approaches, I'm just trying to get everything in line for the trip. I imagine that traveling with Oliver will be a bit more complicated now that he's no longer a wee baby. Last time we flew to Kansas, for Christmas, he was just two months old and slept or breastfed most of the time. This time I'm sure he'll be awake quite a bit, but I'm sure it will be super exciting for him. He's a darn good baby overall, so I don't forsee too many problems.

Well, it won't be long... we are really looking forward to seeing all you Kansas readers and Kansas visitors! Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home