Saturday, June 10, 2006

amazing baby

This week has been one of those wonderful-to-be-a-mom weeks. Oliver is growing and changing at an impressive rate now that he's entered the exploring stage. Everyday this week he amazes me with some new trick. Monday, for me, was the most momentuous when he went from a crawl to a sit by tucking his foot underneath himself. (If you want to see the move in action, check him out here. ) Now, it's already second nature to him. It's one of the first things he does upon waking in the morning. On Tuesday, we gave him a trainer cup with handles, and he acutally maneuvered it to his mouth on his own to drink some juice--to his surprise. On Wednesday, I felt that we overcame the feeding barrier, finally! Oliver actually opened his mouth for me and then grabbed onto the spoon with me to help me feed him. It looks like puffed brown rice cereal mixed with breastmilk is a real winner. On Thursday, he got us all laughing by making "farting" noises by blowing saliva on my tummy. Now it's his new favorite pasttime after feeding. Then yesterday he pulled himself up from a sit to a stand in his playpen. Who knows what new trick he'll be on to today...

1 Comments:

At 6/11/2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Suze said...

i love seeing babies just a few months older than daniel do these things, so i know what to expect. Daniel's new things this week are:
1. when he cries, he has a new sound that resembles the cry of an angry cat. Not my favorite thing at the moment.
2. he's trying (but not quite succeeding) to roll over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home