Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The best thing about my new apartment…

Is walking out the front door. Really, I love our place because I can walk out the front door and be right downtown. It’s a real lifesaver for a stay at home mom. Yesterday, for some reason, I started feeling negative. All of a sudden my motherly and wifely duties were more than I could handle. You see, when I get moody, I get melodramatic. Everything was difficult. My mood actually got me annoyed enough with myself that I decided to be happy again today. And it worked. As soon as I walked out the front door with Oliver for a morning stroll, I was feeling good again. We walked half a block to our neighborhood coffee shop where I ran into two locals I know and started up a conversation. I treated myself to a cappuccino, knowing that I needed some morning mojo to get down to business at home cleaning up the mess that I had been dreading since yesterday. Inside, I ran into another friendly local who owns a restaurant in town, and we chatted. Then Oliver and I were off to check our post box. Lo and behold, a happy Mother’s Day card from my mom. The day was off to a good start.

At home Oliver drifted off to sleep like the little darling he is, and I got down and dirty sweeping, mopping, organizing, and washing clothes. By the time Oliver woke up, the house was pretty much in order and the phone rang. It was Sunset, a young local, calling about having lunch together at my place. Sure, I said, I have fish we can prepare. Awesome, I even had company. How fun. How out of the ordinary. Lunch was delicious, and Sunset even cooked the fish. Oliver was a doll. Then in the evening Jaime, Oliver and I took a stroll to the Hangout Café, where I finally got to find out what the deal was with my cake (see prior posts). Well, it turns out that the head cook feels my cake was a bit too small, but is receptive to more cakes. He wanted to pay for it, but I opted for payment in pizza and a glass of a wine instead. Next time I will really impress him and he can pay me for that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home