Monday, May 15, 2006

My Buff Baby




As they write in one of my baby books, “Thin continues to be in—everywhere but in the nursery. Isn’t it the truth! Even though I know deep down that my “lean baby” is just fine, I can’t help wishing he was a bit plumper. Then last night I was further flustered while hanging out with our friend Gaby and her other young, curvaceous, Israeli girlfriends, when one of them remarked that my little sweet pea was “skinny.” Granted English, is not her first language, but heaven forbid! To tell a mother that her baby is skinny! That’s like telling a woman she’s gained weight.

Even though I know I shouldn’t let other people’s baby comments bother me, hers hit on a sore spot since I’ve already been a bit concerned lately about Oliver’s slow interest in solids. However, it turns out that my maternal instincts were right. Oliver is just fine, or at least that was the word from the pediatrician at the public health clinic today. Actually, he’s better than fine! He’s not just a lean baby, Oliver is a buff baby and I’ve got the photo to prove it.

3 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Suze said...

Dang, he IS buff!

I know kids that didn't start solids until they were almost a year old. No worries. He'll eat them when he's ready.

 
At 5/17/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Steph said...

He looks pretty chipper, too. I don't think he's wasting away. :)

 
At 5/17/2006 9:26 PM, Blogger mamacita said...

Thanks, you all make a mom feel proud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home