Tuesday, June 27, 2006

les deux magots

As I keep writing, it's getting really hot down here in México. And along with the heat, out come the critters....

Yesterday while doing my housewifely duties, I picked up the mop that I had left on the kitchen floor (probably from a few days before) and a load of maggots fell all over the floor. Just writing about it brings back the feeling of disgust that came over me at the sight. Then I had to sweep up the critters, who despite being leggless can move pretty darn fast. YUCK! ICK! GROSS!

I thought I had done a rather good job chasing them all down, but today I came across les deux magots, the two escapees who thought they could take up residence here. No thank you little friends. Maybe in Paris, but not here.

3 Comments:

At 6/27/2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Suze said...

oh gross, gross, gross. that totally beats the crap out of any disgusting cockroach story i've got. shudder.

 
At 6/28/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Steph said...

uh, ew.

send their french asses back to gay paree where they belong.

 
At 6/29/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Suze said...

hey mamacita, we'll be in KS this next week. we're going to lawrence first, but are driving to newton monday evening. if you want to get together at any point during there, feel free to email me. you could get my addy from steph or figure it out: my first initial, my last name (which didn't change when i got married) and it's a gmail account.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home