Sunday, July 16, 2006

french fries, snot suckers & pool photos

Here are the latest happenings in the land of the grandparents...

Friday night Oliver, my folks and I went to the Center for the Arts student artwork exhibit, mostly to see my aunt Jan's paintings and of course for the free wine and socializing. Luckily, I ran into my friend Zeina and her hubby Terry who invited me out to dinner with them and the couple they were with. Yahoo! A social outing with adults my age! My parents graciously agreed to babysit Oliver while they wined and dined at a different eatery... little did I know about what was to transpire that evening. It wasn't until the next day that I found the evidence that they obviously weren't trying hard to hide--french fries in Oliver's playpen! Had they really been feeding french fries to my wee 9 month old darling who only recently started eating his solids? Well, to be honest I was annoyed but not overly so because I know my parents too well. I was sure that they did it mostly for shock value. When I confronted them, they chuckled and assured me that he had spit the incriminating french fries out. Good on ya Oli.

The other unfortunate news is that Oliver has been a wee bit sick lately. Just a mild cold, but one that necessitates the evil snot sucker. Even though Oliver cries as if being tortured with an inhumane toturing device, I am thankful for whoever invited this most useful baby tool. Without it, my poor little stuffed up baby would have an awfully hard time breastfeeding off to sleep. The good news is that despite the french fries and the snot sucker, Oliver is a very happy 9 month old baby! Here are a few photos from his 9 month old birthday in the pool...


fun with grandad

watching grandad blow bubbles

chasing after the enticing pool net

2 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Steph said...

The existence of baby boogers and snot are currently my biggest dread surrounding parenthood. Forget poop and puke and raising children in the current state of the world. I can handle that. It's snot and boogers that really scare me.

 
At 7/18/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger mamacita said...

Steph,

You make me laugh. It was always fun to watch Kelly make you cringe with all her crass talk about burps, farts and penises.

I'm afraid to let you know that as a mom you will be dealing with a lot of snotty noses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home