Friday, July 28, 2006

Longing for a rocking chair...

The other day, I read on my friend Steph's blog about the luxury purchase she's longing for and then yesterday sat upon the very luxury item I would love to own... a rocking chair. Preferably a comfortable cushiony one, not the typical hard wooden type. It was just yesterday that I was won over by the idea when I stopped in at my friend Zeina's house and plopped down on her comfy, leather rocking easychair. It happened to be the perfect seat to rock Oliver back to sleep after he woke up in his stroller to find he was in a strange house. The easy chair, comfortable as it was, was a bit big for me. I certainly don't want an over-sized rocker, although I wouldn't mind having a super big rocker like this one someday. For now, I'd just like a small, comfortable one, maybe something like this even though it is a bit cheesy-looking.

2 Comments:

At 7/28/2006 6:09 PM, Blogger Suze said...

i lust after one of those, too. they really are fabulous, though we don't have the space for one at the moment.

 
At 7/29/2006 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are over rated. Mine (second hand)kept screeeeeeeching and would wake Sofia up. I ended up with a ikea rocker and works like a charm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home