Sunday, July 30, 2006

Like parents, like son

It's already too late. My son has picked up on one of our terrible traits--he's a night owl just like we are.

Oh, well. And I was so hoping that he' d just love to go to bed early and then get up before mom and pop to fix us a lovely breakfast in bed someday. Fat chance. I can barely get him to bed before 10pm and he' s only 9 months old! Well, I suppose it does have something to do with the time change from Cabo, since there he used to go to bed at the early hour of 9 pm, which translates to 10pm here. It could be all the alluring new things to explore at grammy and grandad's house. It could be that he's still taking a morning and an afternoon nap. Or it could be that I got lazy upon arrival and haven't been following his nighttime routine like I was back in Cabo. Or maybe it' s because I hardly "wear" him anymore. In cabo I used to wear Oliver in a baby sling at least twice a day as I walked around town. It really worked to wear the tot out so to speak. Or it could be just another new baby phase, but I still have the itching feeling it may just be his nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home