Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Play doh saves the day!

Last week, we moved out of our apartment and into my mother-in-law's apartment until Oliver and I leave for Kansas this Friday. Well, unlike our place, she has TV. In just a week's time, I have come to deeply appreciate how captivating that little box can be on a young mind.

Oliver, had already come to love the TV from visits to abuela's house, but now he had it to himself all day at his every whim. He started watching it so much that I practically have all the songs to his favorite Discovery Kid shows memorized! Since the TV is in front of the bed we're sleeping in, he'd even wake up as I was trying to put him to sleep pleading, "tele," in his sweet little toddler voice. By then, I knew it was time to take action! So on Sunday, I bought him some play doh. Since Sunday he has spent hours with his play doh. I even enjoy playing with play doh. He brought it over to his great-grandparents' house and played play doh with his cousin Diego too.

Thinking back on the past week, I suppose that part of the TV fascination was also that he wasn't feeling well last week. This week he seems to be back to his normal exploratory self. Right now, for example, he's hanging up hangers on the rim of the glass coffee table. I'm glad to see that he's back to thinking up his own new games!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home