Tuesday, June 12, 2007

on a translation high

Yesterday I came home on a major high after finishing the final touches on Jaime's Spanish documents that I've been translating to send with a bundle of official documents and forms to the National Visa Center this week. I've never done official translations before and I as I said to Jaime, I'm so proud of myself! I had some other translations to use as a guide which was a big help since translation work is very detailed work. It was also challenging because most of the documents, the police reports in particular, were full of official police jargon. Well, let's see what the US government thinks about my job.

Back on the topic of Oliver's health, I'm happy to say that he's eating well and everyone is remarking that he looks plumper. Maybe they're just being nice! Who knows? Even though he know says "yeah-yeah" for "leche," milk in Spanish, he mostly want even take a sip of his new formula. And if I trick him to take one, he puts his finger in his mouth like an eighties valley girl, and makes a barfing noise as if to say, "Barf out, mom! Don't give me anymore of that stuff!" But don't think I've given up! Now I've gotten tricky. Since he won't drink it, I put it in his food. One day in oatmeal, another in macaroni and cheese, this morning in healthy oat-wheat pancakes. Yep, he's getting his milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home